Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Letter via Blogspot!!

I figured since we have a blog I would do our Christmas letter on here. The Lomax family made it another year in tact. It was a long hard year, full of scary, uncertain, and happy moments. We started this year knowing it was going to be a long year. January was when were getting ready to start my second bout with chemo treatments.  This time I knew a transplant would be in place. I didn't know what to think. I was hoping by some miraculous cure I wouldn't have to do it.  My parents didn't hesitate at all in their efforts to help us out. They were down here within hours of a phone call.  It took so much pressure and relief off, knowing my children were well taken care of. Not just by my parents, but by so many other wonderful angels! It is one thing to be independent. It is another thing to be dependent. People are so quick to talk up independence like it is the best trait in the world, but there is something about dependence that teaches us to submit.  I have never felt so much gratitude, humility, and submissiveness in being dependent on others.  Gratitude in the many sacrifcies made on our families behalf, garage sales, 5k's, auctions, blogs, donations, the list goes on and on.  I was truly humbled by this and the outpouring of love and prayers recieved on our behalf.  I was humbled many times, realizing that this journey was going to be long, and I would be starting all over. I had to submit many times to treatment and doctors. Trusting their judgement, and course was the best choice. We also went to the Lord many times asking him to guide the doctor's and us to know which way was the best. We felt guided and learned so much in being dependent on others. I don't think it made us weaker, it made us stronger and blessed so many others in the process.
       One of my favorite stories I'd like to share is with my 11 year old boy.  He is our child that struggles with anxiety.  He was really having a hard time with me going away for a while. I knew he was worried and scared.  I went into his room to talk to him about it and he just broke down. "I don't want you to go!" he cried.  We decided to do a trade, I first asked him for his favorite blanket.  He agreed at first, then quickly changed his mind realizing he needed that more.  He agree to give up "Monkey" his favorite stuffed animal, and I gave him my pillow and hung a picture of me up by his bed. I told him he could give me a good night kiss every night. So we eased his anxiety a little, but I was truly touched by his genuine concern and love that he showed.
      This year had a few highlights as well.  We got to watch Mateen perform in his school play.  He was fabulous!  Mateen placed first at the State Hershey track meet in the 200 and second in the 100.  He was spoiled by grandpa taking him golfing lots.  He had a great year in football and decided to try wrestling. Not sure he likes it.  Myra turned 16.  She is in the National Honor's Society and is still waiting for her first date (Desi is okay with her not dating :). She got a job at the local grocery store and loves it. She has a very uplifting personality. She loves to make people happy.        Tremaine ran his heart out in track. He can't wait until he is fast like his brother!  He is working very hard has his Senior red belt. He is on target to get his black belt in May. We are so proud of his dedication!  He stepped up to the plate this year and played center in football. Poor kid. I think after taking on 130 lb. linemen he's learned how to overcome a little bit of anxiety!      Taytum is our little perfectionist. She works hard in school and is getting better in her reading every week.  She ran track this spring and made her dad giddy everytime she ran. He can't wait until she is older.  She loves gymnastics and is doing front handsprings and back walk overs any chance she gets. She loves that they are letting her practice back handsprings at gymnastics.  She is quite the artist and is always leaving a mess somewhere in the house, of paper scraps, scissors, or markers somewhere.                             Desi is busy, busy, busy, but he love's what he is doing and is so glad he had an opportunity to leave the Sheriff's office and pursue a job that lets him use his degree!  He has felt this is what he was meant to do, and loves helping people change for the better.      I stay busy, just kidding. I get my workout in the morning, some morning's I'll run 6-8 miles and some mornings I go get my butt kicked at my favorite gym! Push it Gym! I'm still trying  to figure out how long I wait to get into things again. I'm not doing hair anymore, and I miss so many of my friends I've come to love and know through doing their hair.  We'll see what the next few months bring and with a few good bills of health I'll probably get into some kind of health and fitness avenue. I would love to help others feel good about themselves and see them change their lives. I am grateful for my time with my kids. I use to take for granted all the running around and now I cherished more the moments I have with them. Things are more simple now. We don't fuss and fight as much, we have more patience in how we raise our children. Each day is truly precious.

We have to acknowledge what our faith has meant to us. Our belief in a God and  our Savior who is mindful of us in our suffering and difficulties is what sustained us through some many times of uncertainty and unrest in our lives. There can be peace in times of sadness, disappointment, and pain! We no longer doubt God's influence in our lives and we humbly thank him for his tender mercies in our lives and will forever praise his name. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Thank you for your love throughout the year.
                                                  Picture of Taytum with Santa
                       
Kids snuggling in bed with mama!
Family stop for ice cream on our way to St. George!

Annual KP easter egg hunt!

Add caption

Chemo treatments!

Relaxing in St.George

Kids visiting mom in the hospital!

Selfie while Ali is sleeping!

Transplant day! May 23, 2014


Desi at comic-com with the boys!

Walking with the kids at the hospital!


Ali took the kids on a much resisted hike in spanish fork!
before the hike!

Ali's 36th birthday! Yea


Hike to the grotto
Myra's first job!
Byu game with family!
 aBirthday party at the Aquarium!
Lomax family2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment